Main Canoe Symposium

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianChris

Reaction score
Maine Canoe Symposium

Anyone ever heard of it?
Anyone ever attend it before? Darrin?
What's it all about?

Last edited:
Is this the same as the Maine Kayak Symposium?

If so, I have heard of it... By memory, I think this is the one they hold in Castine in September. I think Warren and I were paddling around Vinalhaven last year when they were being held, sometime in Sept. If there is a distinct one for Canoes, then I it is not the same.. I know they have some instructors and hold instructions and general classes and stuff..

Jay

This is the event held in Bridgton; this year it's on June 8-10, 2007.

A worthy event, with fun sessions, good education, and nice folk.

Their website gives you a pretty good rundown on what to expect - link below. It's at Camp Winona on Moose Lake, not far from Shawnee Peak/Pleasant Mt. I think about going every year but haven't gotten around to it. I might do so this year, finally.

A good paddling buddy of mine has attended this and speaks well of it. He liked some of the advanced sessions, lead by very experienced paddlers, such as one on poling.

http://www.mainecanoesymposium.org/

Thanks,
I've done some reading up on it since I started the thread. Sounds like a real cool time. Lots of seminars and knowledgable staff.
I put in a "Heads up / Invite" with the wife so I hope to attend this year.