marshall--1-21-12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewseeker

Reaction score
As the end is near on my first round of W46 excitement sure is building within. Concerns of weather and if id be able to finish when planned. So off to long lake with kensquest Friday nite, we go a room at Adirondack Hotel which I had been to before. Made sure I got an order of those Yummi Garlic Cheezy fries and an UBU on Tap. Good nights rest for sure, just be sure to NOT open the steam heat radiator to much, can get hot much after you fall asleep..:( lol

We woke to a nice morning around 3 degrees and no new snow, off to meet Apex-al at the upper works. This morning would be the first time this year we needed snowshowes, signed in at 6:30am and away we go. Calamity trail was nice by headlamp until the sun rose. Made great time to flowed lands and checked the ice, yup, good to go. Off across to the lean-to we headed where we dropped so extra water and gear for the climb up marshall. Trail was visible but had half inch to maybe 3 inches of fresh on top. Nice plesent tromp up this trail with ken leading the way, even Al broke some trail, not bad for a guy who’s 486.5 years old, well in Dog years… Al was such a firecracker and all around plesent man who told of his past in which hes quite accomplished hiker from the east, being retired he gets out a lot, a lot of respect for this guy and his love for the mountains, not to mention his energy.

The three of us summated, enjoyed a glimse of Iroqious and shepards tooth along with some real frosty views of Colden. The return trip down we would run into many people including team Bignslow/Poopsmith. Over a dozen headed to that summit that day. The trek out was filled with laughter, pictures and praise for what today gave us all. Thank you all for sharing the day with me. 41W