Middle Sugarloaf, New Hampshire 2/13/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's always a view-rewarding hike. So you had fun on the ladders, huh? That collection in the series was amusing to look at.

Hey Mike,
Looks like you've maybe got some sort of monkey on your back! (top photo) Must've been quite a load to carry!

Nice set of photos! Glad you had a good hike.

Always a pleasure seeing you two when you're up this way. Looking forward to the next visit.

Yes, great photos. The monkey on your back is pretty cool. As long as it doesn't have the clapping symbols......

Petch

I knew when we did the Sugarloaves last July that we'd want to go back in winter. This confirmed it. Too bad the skies weren't a bit clearer. This on is definitely on the 52WAV list for a reason. The slide show was great. Loved the step by step on the ladder. Looks like quite the fun climb. Looking forward to the next installment...

Thanks everyone for posting a reply.

BRAMBOR: The snow was fantastic - nice and powdery.

PATRICK: The hike could only have been better if we had come across a moose.

ELLEN: Sugarloafs are a great pair of smaller mountains. We've had a few occassions of ascending snow covered ladders in winter. Most challenging was up the ladders on the Willey Trail several years ago.

RICK: That monkey made the rounds with us on the trip.

TRISH: Always good seeing you and the girls and catching up. See you next trip.

PETCH: Maybe Henrietta would like to meet the passport monkey one day:D

MARK: Our strategy was to work up to a 4000 ftr. hike; starting out with smaller hikes. We're also hooked on winter hiking. I debated about doing a video or series of Michael going up the ladder; glad I chose the latter. Stay tuned....

Donna:)

It took me, oh, about 50 years to get to the Sugarloafs. My family vacationed on Harmony Hillside in Twin Mountain when I was a little kid. We could see them from our porch and I thought they had such a nice name, they must be a nice set of mountains. At that time the trail went up from near the intersection of 302 and 3. We were always seeking the higher peaks.

Ellen,
That sure was a long time to finally hike the Sugarloafs. You are so lucky to have been raised in the White Mountains.

Donna:)

I'm very grateful to my parents for all the variety they brought into my young life, and their on-going emotional support still today. I'm still amazed how, especially my dad, with a desk job was able to lead us off on two or three 4,000 hikes each summer during our two weeks in Twin Mountain or Bethlehem each summer. My mother was a little more active than dad, but not much really.