Molly's Folly. A poem.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eddie, I completely understand your point of view For me, its a matter of seeing something that needs doing, and finding a way to get it done.

As my dear husband has so eloquently stated, the wilderness will benefit from gentle trail management that is targeted at lessening the impact of users, thereby preserving the wilderness it seeks to protect.

I do believe that the USFS will move towards this type of management, but the simple fact remains, that I do not ever think there will be staff capable of fully carrying it out.

As in NYs Adirondacks and Catskills, volunteer stewardship is at the core of the successful trail preservation programs.

So, for me, the bridge site volunteer project will be just one small step forward toward realizing congruent partnerships.

Call me the Eternal Optimist (why not, all my friends do!), but it's how I deal with things.

Others write poetry....;-)

Sorry for the Brief derail ...

So, for me, the bridge site volunteer project will be just one small step forward toward realizing congruent partnerships.

Call me the Eternal Optimist (why not, all my friends do!), but it's how I deal with things.

una_dogger, you are the living definition of a good citizen. I can hear JFK's famous inaugural speech words in my head now..."Ask not..."

You are right, show that you mean partnership by going and getting it done (with permission of course) :D If I were closer, you would have just recruited me.

una_dogger, you are the living definition of a good citizen. I can hear JFK's famous inaugural speech words in my head now..."Ask not..."

You are right, show that you mean partnership by going and getting it done (with permission of course) :D If I were closer, you would have just recruited me.

Awww...thank you, that's very nice of you to say. ;-)

Honestly, it feels very symbolic to me that the subject of all of this dischord is
A bridge... Bridges connect things.. bridges make things possible....and keep them whole...Just as the loss of a bridge creates distance..call me a philosophical fool (it's ok) but i can't think of any thing sadder than the way this issue has ripped apart people-- the very same who care so deeply About these woods, mountains and streams . Hoping all this can be move past, trust rebuilt, and energies focused on future good.

Last edited:
To avoid inflammatory labels, the term "stakeholders" is often used to describe parties participating in complex agreements. Lobbyists are specialized individuals/firms hired to represent others.

To categorize stakeholders as lobbyists does them a disservice.

I would say that most of the testimony was submitted by people paid to represent others, i.e. lobbyists. That is a common description of the work done by advocacy groups.