Morale Booster?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Boosts Your Morale?

• Some good food

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Beer

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • The sun coming out

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • The wind stopping

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Finally going downhill

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Vitamin I (or some other drug)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • A friend's kind words

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Something else (I'm sure you'll explain)

Votes: 27 49.1%

• Total voters
All of the above have helped at one time or another.

Under other: I think, "I got myself in here and I'm the only one getting me out." and then I slog it out.

My morale is high from overcoming difficult situations, as strange as it sounds.

Last edited:
morale booster

The certainty of knowing that no matter how muddy, scratched-up, bug-bitten, sweaty, chilled, or soaked to the bone I may be, sooner or later a hot shower, clean clothes, and single-malt will put everything right!

Hiking always good for the soul....rain and sun..mud and snow..aches and pains..it's all good

what really feels fine is finding that perfect uphill pace where the breathing is good, the conversation with friends excellent, and the group's goals of reaching the sky gets closer..

as for first concerts...Jimi Hendrix, Brown University, 1967

Last edited:
What boosts my morale the most is surviving the hike, thus being secure in the knowledge that I have again avoided having a 17 page thread on VFTT created in my (dis)honor.

Bragging online via trip reports is really my only motivation. I don't even like hiking.