Morning at the Lupine Fest in Sugar Hill...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
Looking at the forecast for the weekend, and the enteded school year ala ice storm, I figured that last night and this morning were my only chances to shoot the Lupine festival before they faded.

Left at 4PM...shot sunset, slept in the car near the fields, woke up at 4:30, and was graced by fantastic atmospheric light!

Here's the morning's highlights. Many more to process, but no time until school's done!

Sunrise, with Mount Washington!
3622471218_6991c9e356_o.jpg

Lupine Field in the Morning Mist:
3622471308_1229f99cc9_o.jpg

Dewey Macro:
3621652925_7132d66f78_o.jpg

Lone Tree:
3621652827_b616f351a9_o.jpg

AND My Favorite of the Morning:
3622474592_bcfae74b45_o.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful, and sensitively done. Even in the digital era we see that photography done well really is, "writing with light."

G.

Just to chime in again on this series... love the first one especially! The sun adds a wonderful feel, and enhances the depth because you have wonderful subject matter in the very fron and very back. Nice!

"Wow" on the first. Where was it shot?

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments...it was just nice to be out in the field at dawn. The shots are all from either the st. Matthew's field, or the Sampler field in Sugar hill. There are many other lupin fields around the village, but these are the main touristy two. The key is to be there when the tourists arent :)

Great photos, especially the first and last ones. So rare to see rays of sun in June 2009 photos!