Mount Rainier 8/1-8/3 Part 1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome - wonderful - and a few hundred other adjectives!

And most of all, congratulations on not only summiting, but returning safely. :)

congratulations to all!
a great read, well done, sounds like a really good effort, a little scary, and excellent group dynamics. I don't know if I can ever do anything where I have to look down that far, but I admire all of you and wish I could do things like this. I enjoy your success and the trip report made me feel like I was there. I'm glad everyone got down safely. You will all have those memories of being up so high in such a beautiful place for the rest of your lives.

Wonderful TR!! Congrats to all. We were thinking of you. Dave M called me while I was on vacation and left me a voice message that you were on the summit and headed down in great weather. You were in good spirits up there!!

:D

You all have my complete and utter respect.

Congrats, gang. It sounds like an amazing trip. Rainier's on my list, one of these days not too far distant.

Ted.

Congratulations on your accomplishment, all of you, and thank you for drama you've provided over the past couple of weeks as we rooted for your goals and your safety. I kept logging in at work and at home for the latest news.
Now I look back at all the winter trip reports and see them in the context of preparing for this great accomplishment.
Thanks to Darren again for providing this wonderful site.

It was definitely an amazing trip. I'm reliving the climb as I look at everyone's pictures.

I'm am honored to have had such great team mates, not just my rope team, but the entire Rainier team. We all worked hard together, laughed (and cried) and supported each other.

Tmax, Giggy and Arm .... thanks so much for putting up with my swearing, complaining and all-around tantrum climbing up the cleaver in the dark. :eek:

I couldn't have done it without you. Coming down the cleaver in the light of day .... well, it wasn't really as bad as I had thought.

We really worked together as a team and stuck it out. Thanks for your support and I hope that I have the priviledge of climbing with you guys again.

There's really nothing more that I can add, but I can only retiterate all that has been written here a thousand fold. Thanks to Ed for the opportunity of a lifetime and his unbelievable organizational skills, and thanks to all the members on the Rainier team. What a great crew to be a part of ! Thank you so much !!

ok, I'm getting a lump in the throat.... thanks again for letting me be a part of such an unbelievable experience with the best group of climbers ever !

Here are my pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/417845653pvLVqw

skimom said:
There's really nothing more that I can add, [/url]

You're pictures add to the wonderful tale. Very nice. And I am convinced I like it right here in NH in winter. :)

Congratulations to all of you, especially those who got to the top. Sounds like the group was even better than the TR.

Don't think I was a naysayer although at some point probably mentioned to SK that with private groups they can run the gamut of well run, caring, knowledgeable & fun to not fun uncaring summit or die novices, RMI is a known variable. As I said above, this sounds like a great group, glad to hear no attitude about anyone owning the altitude.

Best wishes getting back to climbing the high peaks back in the NE