Mountain Rescues

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't O'Reilly Stick to the Usual Hate Stuff?

It's funny that summitpost wastes so much virtual ink on that blather-mouth O'Reilly, who, I wager, knows nothing about what lays beyond the curb stone, let alone what happens above treeline. If new winter climbing legislation or regulation comes in Oregon, it won't be because of that idiot and his sputum.

This board has had frequent discussions about sensible winter escapades. The first Mt. Hood event was tragic, but (flame shields are on) seems to have been fairly avoidable if one had been paying attention to weather and less anxious to go fast and light. I'll admit, I am a fairly conservative (no, not politically), slow and heavy guy, but still feel guilty that my winter pack does not included fully bivvy gear.

I also thank the folks who volunteer their time and give such amazing efforts to rescue, winter or summer, sun or snow.

O'Reilly rules :) - the spin stops here! I watch his show quite often and not sure what hate stuff he deals with -

he had a POV on the hood thing, which I personally disagree with him on.

(self edit to avoid potential political conflict.)

Last edited:
giggy said:
typically he is dead on with typical american values, which are more prevelent once you get away from MA/NYC and CA.

I've gotten into enough trouble as of late, so I think I'll let this pass.

The best thing about O'Reilly is that without him we wouldn't have the Colbert Report!

It's interesting that so many now watch the Comedy channel for their 'news' rather the networks, CNN, Fox, etc. Who knows what will happen after Rupert Murdock also buys up the Wall Street Journal.

At this point I should probably mention the word 'beer' so that this thread remains within the framework of VFTT ;) ;)

Beer, beer beer

Or where would Keith Olbermann’s "worst person in the world" be without Bill?

Ok, I'm done. ;)

whitelief said:
It's funny that summitpost wastes so much virtual ink on that blather-mouth O'Reilly, who, I wager, knows nothing about what lays beyond the curb stone, let alone what happens above treeline...

Is the Grand Canyon considered "beyond the curb stone"?
Oh well, better luck on your next wager. click me