Mt. Cardigan ???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRT

Reaction score
I am thinking of skiing Mt. Cardigan this weekend. Can anyone tell me the best place to park? and also, which trails are best for ascent and descent in regards to skiing? also, conditions if anyone has been up there recently.

thanks much,
Dana

Ski Cardigan

Your best trail for skiing Cardigan is the Duke's ski trail. To access the Duke's you will need to park at the AMC lodge (no fee). there's about 2to 21/2 feet of snow but the trails have been heavily skied last weekend.

My wife and I hiked Firescrew from the AMC lodge last Saturday, we got a late start so arrived there around 11:00. The parking lot was full and vehicles were pulled of along the side of the road for several hundred yards before the lodge. Even with that, we were the first ones above the ledges on Firescrew up the Manning trail that day. So many people on the way down however.

Duke's and Alexandria are the two big ski trails. Both go up from the AMC Lodge on the east side of the mountain, both are great ski trips. Don't ski up Alexandria, use the trail that parallels it to the left, Duke's is probably OK to ski up.

If you don't get there early the parking lot will be filled up. Expect lots of traffic this weekend, as the skiing is about as good as it gets. Both trails will have lots of tracks but don't let that stop you from going.

-dave-