Mt. Hale 7/4/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellen

Reaction score
We (Yogi & I) started Mt. Hale around 8:45a.m. on the 4th of July. It was a hot day for hiking. We took our puppy (6 mos old) Yogi Jr. for his first hike. He came from the animal shelter already named Yogi, so we thought it was meant to be given that my husband's nickname has been Yogi for years:) I was afraid he might be too young, but he did fantastic! He ran up and down the mountain with energy to spare for a post-hike swim.

There isn't much to say about this trail. It ascends gradually for most of the hike with some steeper sections and one relatively flat section. There was one down tree that was easily passed. There are a couple small stream crossings and a nice waterfall crossing. The trail was busy with people and dogs! The bugs weren't bad on the way up, but they were relentless on top. Standing on the cairn gives goods views. It took us about 2.5 hours total hiking time.

We must have met on the trail! We did take Hale Brook and yes it was the black and brown puppy who was barking and growling like he was some kind of fearless guard dog! Did you have the black dog?

The black dog belongs to MtnMagic, but that was us. I was the tall guy with green Nalgene hanging from my shoulder strap. Magic was the shorter guy with long hair and goatee.

So yes, I do remember you now! :D

Someone needs to build a taller cairn on the summit, huh (that or bring along some matches or a chain saw :D :D ;) )

Brian