Mt. Liberty & Mt. Flume 5.12.11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Hogan

Reaction score
Some photos to share of my most recent hiking adventure in New Hampshire last Thursday, 5.12.11. I am also working on a detailed narrative of the hike, but I am not quite finished with that.

Briefly, I climbed two mountains on this hike - Mt. Liberty (4459') and Mt. Flume (4328')via the Liberty Spring and Franconia Ridge Trails. Unfortunately, I became quite fatigued hiking for over three hours in the leftover snow of our record-setting winter.

I made a decision not to return to the trail head the same way I came up, but rather descend the extremely steep Flume Slide on the western face of Mt. Flume. The slide dropped a precipitous 1400' in .7 of a mile and scared the poop out of me. I had several very close calls and too many stumbles, rumbles and bumbles, but I made it out safely - albeit bloodied, battered, bruised, but mostly humble. I should be wiser also from the experience, but it's too soon to tell about that!

Anyhow, here is the link to the photos I took although there is a noticeable gap in the paparazzi coverage when I decided to put the camera away and focus on getting my butt back safely.

So enjoy the photos by using this link: (click on slide show, pause, F11 for full screen and enjoy the trip and captions at your own pace.)

https://picasaweb.google.com/runswi...?authkey=Gv1sRgCIWz5pP8ydufVA&feat=directlink

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!"
-- Neale Donald Walsch --