Mt Moriah blessing 11-5

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
what a day.way better than expected.sunny and warm.great company;the mrs.grasshopper!we went up stonybrook trail.after two days of hiking we were working well together and all was well.some snow on way to imp cutoff.the last mile was in and out of snow then bare rock with great views of the snow covered northern presies.mrs.grasshopper fell in her first spruce trap,it was just a baby but it made her mad and want to cry.spruce traps are like dogs they can sense your fear.she cut her hand when flailing about so I got to use my seldom used but allways carried first aid kit.the summit was warm sunny and wind free and we ran into a very nice couple.Deb had just completed her 48 and her thoughtful husband had given her a custom printed tee shirt.This was my wifes first 48 so very nice way to start.though the mrs.grasshopper doesn't do lists she only climbs for views and doesn't care if mountains are 4,000 ft.or not.I climb them all so I can find the nice ones she will like.we climbed crane in the adks then abe in vermont then moriah in NH.What a great three day run and the blessing was being together in the sun on a great day.drove home sunday and stopped at lots of shops in vermont,I even had fun shopping!?? well it wasn't to bad.

small wheel turn by the fire and rod
big wheel turn by the grace of god.
everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground.