Mt Moriah Summit Sunday, march 23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robs

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to the summit of Moriah via the Carter-Moriah trail. The book says 3:55 from Bangor Rd in Gorham to the summit. I'd like to start at 7:30.

The weather says partially cloudy for Sunday.

I'm fairly new, and appreciate anyone that would like to come with or any advice for preparing.

Thanks,

-

Snowshoes, crampons and sunblock are not optional on this trip. The current weather forecast is for fresh snow up high and rain down low, then a cold stretch. Bring a good map and compass and expect that you may be doing some searching for the trail on the upper sections. The book time reflects summer conditions. If the snow is just right, you may be able to beat it but if its not, its a lot longer day.

Might be worth bringing a swissbob for sliding on the lower sections. Probably stash it around Mt Surprise (although there are potentialy some fun stretches up above).

Not sure of the parking situation lately but be careful not to block anyones house.

Possible change

By advice I might change the trail to Stony Brook because it will be broken out and easier to follow.

Thanks for everyone's advice so far.

-