Mt. Tecumseh via Tecumseh Trail from ski area side on 2-18-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine Chris

Reaction score
Date: 2-18-13
Trails: Mt. Tecumseh Trail from the Waterville Valley Ski Area side- out and back

Trail Conditions: Packed Powder/Granular with some drifting powder from 2/3 of the way up to the summit, 1st brook open but easy to cross on the rocks, all other water crossings were bridged.

Equipment: micro-spikes were perfect for this surface- I stashed the snowshoes about a 1/2 mile up the trail and picked them up on the way back (glad I remembered to stop and get them)!

Dogs: Great trail for dogs- there were a few seaps and little open spots were they can get water

Trail Maintenance: A couple of large tree lean-overs that will require a chainsaw come spring time, nicely brushed out and marked trail.

Comments: Made great time today for me, reaching the summit in 2 hr. 10 min (20 min ahead of book time). Came down in 1 hour even. I was pleased as this was my first weekend this winter tagging 2 days of summits in one weekend. I forgot how steep and relentless some of this side of the trail can be as I hadn't been here for 16 years. It was way easier without a 40 lb pack though, I'll tell you that much. Fast trail today, great footing, a little drifting near upper 1/4 of trail but not that difficult, pretty darn windy and cold but a real nice sun shining at 3:35 when I came around the summit cone on the west side. Great views today too. Legs were a little dead today but I just told them to keep on moving, keep on moving. They finally got the idea!

Last edited: