Mt. Washington and Boott Spur with the Girls. June 24, 2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrishandAlex

Reaction score
I got my doc's all-clear to resume hiking as usual last Thursday, so on Sunday the girls and I decided to...well...resume hiking as usual. :D

Our original plan was to ascend Boott Spur, but the girls changed their mind at the last minute and asked to hike up Washington. We decided to do both -- go up Washington via Tuckerman Ravine Trail, cross over to Boott Spur, then return to Pinkham Notch via Boott Spur Trail.

The full report is on my blog, or you can see the pictures here.

My leg started acting up during the descent, about a mile from the trailhead. The damaged veins in my left leg let me know they were no longer happy with the hiking situation. I slowed our pace as my thigh did a remarkable imitation of a block of wood...if it weren't for me, the girls would have gotten back to the car fairly quickly. Instead, they had to keep stopping and waiting for their old mom.

Nevertheless, this was a great day. Perfect weather, perfect visibility, and the girls had energy and enthusiasm to spare. They were also very patient with my leg situation. Good times.