My son started the AT...the sendoff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan just called me...hes 31 miles in after 3 days...today was a Nero day...4 miles to Neels Gap for supplies...Having a ball...did 12 miles yesterday....hit 90 deg all three days...

Anyway thanks for all your interest in his trip...I wont tie up the thread with updates...I will update all you guys at certain landmarks

thanks again

I also told him to be on the lookout for Dawn...I think she left a week or so ago...hikethe115..I dont believe she has a trailname yet...

Karl

Unoman said:
I also told him to be on the lookout for Dawn...I think she left a week or so ago...hikethe115..I dont believe she has a trailname yet...

Karl
She's already over 100 miles in! When I left her in Neel's Gap, she had been given M&M as a trail name. I'll let her tell the story... :)

Good luck to your son!

Bryan has finally made an entry to his journal...hes doin well...talked to him tonite...he'll be in NC tomorrow...

Karl

Bryans AT update

Hey all

Have not reported in since he started although most of you may have checked his trailjournals.com site...

He called tonite...leaving Damascus VA and hiking as far as he can before hitching a ride back to damascus for the famous "Trail Days Festival" full of AT Hikers past and present...food and fun...He will then get a ride back to where he left off...

Hes basically a quarter of the way through and having a ball...weird weather for the first month...from 10 inches of snow to 80 degree days...

Pix posted on his site if you guys are interested

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=163448

Karl