NASCAR 9/14 at 2PM

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Note that NASCAR will be at Loudon on 9/14, for the Sylvania 300 beginning at 2PM. Prepare accordingly. Speaking of which, what time will it get ugly from Concord -> south?

Tim

Main event starts at 2pm on Sunday -- if memory serves me correctly, traffic goes rapidly downhill somewhere around 5pm and after. I assume they'll be doing the multiple-lane split/shuffle in Concord, so things will be messy in both directions through dinnertime and beyond.

For what it's worth, the lesser events leading up to the Sunday 300-mile race actually start on Thursday afternoon. This usually results in a slow build-up of traffic Thursday and Friday headed north -- and a disproportionate number of truck-campers and trailers with flat tires littering the sides of the road up 93 from the south.

It also results in something bordering on hypervigilance on the part of the NH State Police, so keep that in mind before you put the hammer down.

Here's a weekend event calendar, in case you want all the gory details: http://www.nhms.com/documents/schedule_nascar_0908.pdf

Working in Concord and living in Belmont means i get to travel by the speed way every day.

Any ways Traffic gets crazy around 5pm and lasts untill 9pm or so. They usually change 93 north to having one south bound lane.

Jason

A Spooky experience!

Thanks for the facts on peak hours. The only time I've ever experienced nascar we knew it was happening that day so we decided to hang out in Lincoln to catch evening dinner thinking we might do better missing traffic. Now I see we might have missed the worst of it by heading straight home.

It was a very spooky experience though. Must be what it would be like if there was a mass evacuation. Good training for mass evacuations for the public safety folks I guess. We saw hundreds of state police personnel, vehicles, bright blinking roadside signs. Despite the meayhem all southbound lanes were full and moving along at good clip and it didn't take much longer than usual to return south to Boston area. We opted to take the southbound lane in the northbound lane which was the lane less traveled.

Last edited: