Need A Pack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomEske

Reaction score
I was hesitant to post an equipment need, but I'm a tad desparate, and Darren said it would be okay to just do an occaisional post like this. Rest assured I will not make a habit of it.
I am looking for a used pack in good condition for my son to use on a 10 day trip out west this summer. I have exhausted the eBay route pretty much but am still keeping an eye there. If anyone here has a pack surplus to their needs, here is what I am searching for:
a 65-80 liter pack
good suspension
front or side access (besides top)
Hydration compatable (or I can make a hole)
Torso length= 18"-20"
Decent hip belt (he has boney 14 year old hips)
Preferably a decent brand like Lowe Alpine, Gregory, Dana, or Mountainsmith.
I'd love to just order him a Gregory Pallisades, but finances don't permit it. (Raising kids is expensive!)
If one of you fine folks are getting harrassed by your spouse to make some room in the gear locker (aka: Laundry room, living room, basement, etc.) please contact me directly at: [email protected]
Please don't post your stuff here, I don't want to get anyone mad at me, or turn this into a digital grage sale.
If I don't find him something I can afford, I'll just have to trust him to take very good care of my precious Whitney (whimper) which I scrimped and saved for almost a year to get, and he would never appreciate anyway because he's...oh sorry, I got carried away there.
Thanks for tolerating this commercial solicitation. You may now return to the hiking zone.
Tom

Would you consider any "indecent" brand proposals? What is your budget?

Thanks all! I have several offers in this mornings mail at home. I didi not have time to respend before leaving for work and will do that this evening. I just wanted to get a note up here to say thank you to everyone, and save others from responding when I already have a solution.
What an extraordinary group of people! The first response came in within minutes.
Many Thanks,
Tom

I think a separate forum for gear wanted and gear for sale, not to mention questions and reviews, would be a great asset to the site!
ecc