New Hampshire snowshoeing links

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
I'm psyched that I think I can finally go snowshoeing this weekend.
Since I am always wondering about the same things in relation to snowshoeing in New Hampshire (Can I snowshoe yet? How far north do I have to go?) and others post similar questions; I put together a page with some relevant links.
Of course it's only an adjunct to the valuable info one get's here (which is why I have VFTT as the first link.)
People change their scripts from time to time so please let me know through this forum if there's anything I left off or if you have anything you think I should add.
Check it out
http://www.captainparker.com/ne-snow.html

This is the only snowshoe link I know of for NH, but it gives you pretty good info. Its from the Mountain Wanderer website, which is also a bookstore in Lincoln. The owner is a great guy with an awesome selection of books. If you're ever in Lincoln, stop in and chat, because he's really friendly and fun to talk to.

As for the link, click on snowshoeing and it will bring you to a bunch of information. http://www.mountainwanderer.com/paths_peaks.html#Snowshoeing

grouseking

thanks, grouseking

Thanks, grouseking; that looks like a good site and I added it to the page. I look forward to taking a closer look at it later and perhaps stopping by the bookstore sometime.

S. Smith's "Snowshoe Hikes in the White Mts." - updates and additions

slowpoke said:
Thanks, grouseking; that looks like a good site . . . .
Two subsections of the "Snowhoeing" page grabbed my attention, as an owner and admirer of the Steve Smith "Snowshoe Hikes..." book. One has a dozen or so "Updates" for hike descriptions in that book and the next describes dozens of intriguing "More snowshoe hikes" - nearly as good as a sequel. What a welcome Monday morning diversion!