No Gol'dang snow!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nor'Easter

Reaction score
Hey Gang.

What gives? The lack of snow has my thoughts turning yet again to kayaking! I'm even thinking about returning my new/unused Atomic BC skis!

Anybody else here without the white stuff in their neck of the woods? If so, how are you remaining sane?

N'E

Dont worry, your not the only one going nuts and having to jump around in a padded room. I have just been focusing on my running, as our 4x 800 relay has advanced to states. Besides that i took a week off last week and went to utah and skied myself silly. They had gotten 16 inches of the fluffy stuff a couple of days before. That set me up fine. They are on a high snow year track anyways.

<--- Avatar : Some chute on powder mountain Utah

I was thinking the same. Although here in Northwest jersey we have around 7 inches on the ground, enough to XC ski any closed roads or trials with no rocks. It is better than no snow. I am dying to get out on the snowshoes. The cold weather is here but just keeping all the systems away or drying them out because it is too cold. We just got spoiled last year. We still have time just do your snow dances.

Check out the southern Adks. I've been skiing every weekend since Christmas! See the trip reports section.
ecc

16" new inches in Millinocket Maine area and two feet fell in Caribou, Maine .... pack up your bags and come on over!!!! ayah
More snow is coming to the North East next week. Horray

Nor'-
Not sure where in upstate NY you are, but c'mon up to the Rochester area - we've got plenty. Better yet, the Tug Hill Plateau has gotten buried pretty good this winter - many feet of the white stuff - and it's been so cold that there's no significant meltdown.

I second the southern adk's. ALthough I haven't gotten out too much lately, I was in Germany for a week. But I went out this past sunday and the skiing was great, 6-8 inches of powder where I was.

I'm thinking on heading to Flowed lands via Upper Works. i've been scouting around and heard from this approach that 18 inches lies on the trail and up to 30 inches at the Flowed lands.

Also, check out the Tug Hill, there are some good areas to ski there and also in the Old Forge area. tons of snow there.

Good luck

Been trying to snowshoe the southern end of the Catamount Trail in VT since Xmas time. Brought snowshoes, but with only four inches of snow, it was easier to bareboot the sections I did. Recent single digit daytime temps take a lot of the appeal away from snowshoeing, too.