Northeast 111/115 & AMC poll

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should run the 111/115ers

• AMC should now run the 111/115ers

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Club Members should run 111/115ers

Votes: 43 91.5%

• Total voters
the Adirondack 46rs Rule the World

The Adirondack 46rs are a class organization.

I do not know how the AMC 4000-footers run things, but the Adirondack 46rs are a great example of how to run an efficient and personable peakbagging/hiking/conservation club.

Thunder Dan said:
The Adirondack 46rs are a class organization.

I do not know how the AMC 4000-footers run things, but the Adirondack 46rs are a great example of how to run an efficient and personable peakbagging/hiking/conservation club.
and this is what some of us would like to see the 111ers turn into (more like the 46ersand 35ers who keep in touch with thier members) rather than issue the patch and certificate and forget about you - - and the time was right earlier this year when priscilla retired from the 111ers - only problem was that no one knew that it was going to happen except a few.

post'r boy said:
ken, it's obvious to me and i'm sure alot of other people on this site that your very disappointed with the goings on in regards to the 111 club merging with the ftfc. why do you feel the need to continually bring this subject up,(i.m.o.) creating a negative atmosphere here?
i hope it is obvious, but the subject on delays was brought up at least 3 posts before i said anything - - - i think it is a shame that it has happened (the takeover) without anyone in the club knowing it - if the 46ers or 35ers were going to become part of the AMC (yes we do have an AMC chapter in n.y., AMC is not exclusively new england) i am sure members would know about it way before the "merge" happens and have some input - i hate to hear the stories from other hikers about thier dealings with the 4000 clubs and i feel that finishing those lists should be a better experience for them than it is right now - maybe you aren't out there with others enough to hear it all (or maybe you just hang with a few buddies in one area?), but i am always out in n.y. & new eng. and hear plenty - now i am hearing these same stories about the 111ers in addition to the 48 & 67 - you can read about them on this thread - it had started already even before the answer to raymond - it is obvious that help is needed - did you read the response raymond got???? that would have never happened one year ago - - i feel that with the newsletter that mark wants to get going and with someone who cares handling the correspondence, certificates, patches, etc. it can be even better than the 111ers that we knew before - right now the members are not informed of anything from any 4000 club (newsletter would be very nice) - it would give more of a club atmosphere, a sense of belonging - i hope something better (or at least as good as one year ago) comes out of the "club", but so far it has gone the other way (please read the response raymond got carefully and realize that it was not that way before) .
and since you like p.s.
post'r boy said:
i'd rather recieve my forms,patches,info,acceptance into a club, from a slow easy goin' person than a fast grumpy person!!!!!
if i was a votin' for someone to take over the committee,i wouldn't be votin' for a certain someone!!! you make the guess!!!
p.s.
i was gonna say what is really on my mind, but, i won't!!! hey you!!!.
p.s.
try waiting for your peak list from a "slow..." - if you don't know what you have to hike for the list, it may be a long time before you get started - maybe you know a few that you have to hike - then you finish them and now have too wait till you get the list to get started again - a response in a reasonable amount of time is what should be expected - believe it or not there are still a lot of people that don't have the internet (and many that do, who don't even know how to use a search engine to find out what they want to know).
as for "grumpy"? no not grumpy, just concerned that the aspirants working on the 111 may not have as nice an experience as in the past and that the 111ers will go the opposite from what many feel it should be after priscilla's retirement.

Last edited:
All this negativity regarding how "timely" one should receive their patch is pretty sad...

Incase you all have forgotten, today is Veterans Day, and 11 US soldiers were killed today in Falluja (7 yesterday), which makes all of this silly "patch debate" seem quite insignificant...

We should feel blessed that we have the time and the freedom to do such simple (insignificant) things such as "hiking for patches", when there are people literally dying on a daily basis to protect us so we can have these rights...

hopefully something positive will happen

Frodo said:
All this negativity regarding how "timely" one should receive their patch is pretty sad...
"negativity"? - in the other 111 thread http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4160&page=3&pp=15
there are many posters (i counted five so far yesterday) that have shown "concern" over the time that they have waited so far for something that they paid for, not negativity - everything stated so far by those 5 posters (and myself) have been facts - unfortunately the facts have upset some supporters of the AMC - one poster even called someone grumpy but didn't say who he was referring to - later on that poster directed his anger toward me which led me to believe that i was the one that he referred to in his "grumpy" post, so i answered him - this poll and the other thread that are going on right now show that there are hikers that feel "left in the dark" - i am not concerned for myself since i already have all the patches that i care about (except for the long path that i am still working on) - i had the same thing happen to me with my AMC 4000' but wasn't really worried much about the 4000' patches since i already had my 111 patch in 2 weeks from completion (the 111 patch shows that you completed the sub-lists already anyway) - but after 3 months i started wondering if the check was somewhere that it shouldn't be since it was for $35, that is why i contacted gene - i have nothing against the AMC (and i am a member) - - - i don't see the thread as negative since from a statement of the facts, it should let those concerned about the recognition for thier accomplishment know that it will come with time and that there are some of us that would like the 111ers to be a better club - i have volunteered to help out - the powers that be know that - i hope from the discussions on VFTT the powers that be will realize that there is always room for improvement - - - hopefully something "positive" will come of this rather than something "negative"

as for veterans day... i didn't forget that it was veteran's day - i work for the city - many of us have to go to work so others can enjoy thier holiday (although a rainy day hiking is always better than any day at work)

Last edited: