Northeast Mountain Adventure

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things:

1. It looks like you changed your mind about Little Marcy. Smart move.

2. 8:30 AM on July 4th? Plan on adding an extra 2-3 miles onto your hike. That's about as close as you'll get to the Loj parking lot.

LOJ Campground

Mark, I went ahead and rented a Campsite for July 3rd & 4th at the LOJ Campground. I'm thinking maybe I'll get on the Trail at 6:30 or 7:00 AM instead of 8:30 because of the point that you made. There is someone that's going to do the entire event with me. But, wants to go Public when we write the Trip Report. There's also another person the wants to do just the Adirondacks Hike. For anyone that wants to cross paths with us out there, we made one change to the plans. We decide to start on Saturday, July 2nd at midnight instead of 1:00 AM. And we are going to take the Falling Waters Trail up instead of the OBP.

Inquiring minds want to know ... how'd it go???? I thought of your attempt Friday night during the time I believe the Whites were getting hammered with T-storms (judging from when they came through NY). I presumed that may have set you back.

Hi Mark

Hey I'm still alive. I just posted the details of the trip; under viewsfromthetop Trip Reports. Day 1 was the toughest Hike I had ever done in my life. Anyhow, go to Trip Reports and you can get all the details.

And Thanks