Nye-Strett. 01-19-08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi my friends & ennemy.

Around 7 h. thirty We start from the ADK parking with Nye & Street goal.
Few new powder before Indian Pass Brook. The water level is low but We can not trust the new ice covered by the new snow!!!

Junior tell me "You just need 2 jumps and You will arrive in the other shore"
"I am not a rabbit but only a man!! I can not jump on the other side!" :(

"Junior, what do You made with a cellular phone?
"I call for a special permit to build a bridge for You."
"No answer all the services are close for the three next days!" :rolleyes:
"We can use the "marine" style bridge and build one without a permit!!"
I will call the Beaver dam and bridge cie."
"The beavers are in strike because the employer refused to payd the dentist fees when a young beaver broke teeth after He worked on a hard tree below 0 F." :D

"O.K. I find one. He help us if We will paid under the table!" He will accept only the Canadian Beaver money (5 cent)" ;)

We put 2 logs, one long and the other short and We will be able to cross the brook. Ouf!

Without trouble before the col when is necessary to turn right, at this place the new snow covered all the old tracks (5") and We lose the usual path. Fortunately it is a sunny day and it ai easy to stay in the good direction. We catch the Nye summit by the left.
When We go down, We have a nice surprise When We go up We passed without reconizeing the Nye & Street junction!!!

We start for Street and stay a large part of time in the usual path. Nice view in Macintyre Range in Street top!!.

We are near the col when We meet 2 men, I ask if They used the bridge? "Yes but We are more weigh of You and We broke a part of the bridge!!"

We meet 2 other men later.

The dommages at the breidge were minor and We can use the same place to cross the Brook.

Just before the Mt Jo junction We meet 4 men without snowshoes and We remind them They need to use snowshoes.

Hiking time with build bridge time: 4 hours 14 minutes.

P.S. If You use the rabbit tracks it is at your owner risk for You, your gears and your 10 next generations!!! :D

Have a good hike.

Pinpin Junior.

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
"Junior, what do You made with a cellular phone?
"I call for a special permit to build a bridge for You."
"No answer all the services are close for the three next days!" :rolleyes:
"We can use the "marine" style bridge and build one without a permit!!"
I will call the Beaver dam and bridge cie."
"The beavers are in strike because the employer refused to payd the dentist fees when a young beaver broke teeth after He worked on a hard tree below 0 F." :D

"O.K. I find one. He help us if We will paid under the table!" He will accept only the Canadian Beaver money (5 cent)" ;)

This part just Too Funny!

I kept with the original Sunday plans with you and hike Street and Nye. I parked at the South Meadow corner and walk the extra 1 each way though. ;)
Trail hard pack from 7 or so rabbits the day before.

I come to the river and it was flooded up in to the woods!! :confused: I go down to check what is going on and there is a new big beaver/rabbit damn built blocking all the water. I cross below the dam on the new dry land! :) I climb through the wood and see that at least one not wear snowshoe the day before. I knew Junior would be sad.
The views from on top of some of the blow down make the Red Fox smile though since I've now caught views in 4 days this week in winter! :cool:
I was surprised when Junior took an early left through the haunted forrest!! He must have been scared and hopped quickly or think the Red Fox quick on his tail!
I caught more great sunshine view from the Street top, see Macs, McN and Lost Pond very clear!!

On the way down a small snow storm make the views go away so I know I was lucky again and caught the small window to give me some views!

I also took the fresh 1-2" fresh new snow and smushed in the holes and make the trail smile again! :D Happy to be out of cold, like -5 and get to car to go home and watch the football!!

Cory D aka:The Red Fox

Last edited: