Osceola: North Slide bushwhack- Sep 25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Dan

Reaction score
I had looked several times at the north slide of Osceola from the Kancamangus Hwy. It has been very dry the last few weeks and is a good time to attempt the Osceola slide. I would like to attempt this bushwhack/slide climb on Friday, September 25, but not alone.

The itinerary would be to start at the East Pond Trailhead, follow the trail to the first stream crossing, then bushwhack along and in the stream as it makes its way upward past several waterfalls to the slide. At the top, one must also bushwhack through some thick forest in order to get to the standard trail to the Osceola summit. Once you reach this standard trail, you go back down the standard trail to the Greeley Ponds trailhead along the Kancamangus highway. Then it is an easy bike or shuttle back to the East Pond trailhead.

PM me if you are interested in this adventure. You can read someone else's trip report with photos here. http://www.huiyengchang.com/hike/08osceola/