Parcel in Manchester Center, Vermont

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chabela

Reaction score
Hello!

We are hiking the Long Trail this summer, and we are posting some food along the trail. With our current planning, we would be stopping in Manchester Center July 21st, which is unfortunately a Saturday. With our planning (we are short in time a bit), we would not make it before noon at Manchester, so the post office would be closed, and it would be impossible to retrieve our parcel.

Does anybody have an idea of where we could mail it, so we can get it on a Saturday after noon or Sunday morning ?

Thanks!

LT End to Ender's Guide suggestions

The End to Ender's guide lists the following places, not for package drops per se, but you can always give them a call:

The Mountain Goat 4886 Main St. (all phone #s 802 area code unless written otherwise) 362-5159, EMS 366-8082, Sutton's Place (lodging) 362-1165, Johnny Seesaw's Lodge 824-5533, Bromley View Inn (800) 297-1459, Bromley Market at the base of Bromley Mt. (accessible by the ski lift) open 365 days a year incl. 8am-6pm Sat. & Sun. 824-4444.

You might also want a copy of the latest End to Ender's Guide (mine is 2005) available from the GMC, www.greenmountainclub.org

Hope this helps,

bcskier

Manchester has a lot of resources for resupply. Depending on what you are planning to send yourself, it might be easier to buy your supplies there.

The new End To Enders guide has been delayed and is now supposed to be out this month, but the GMC (you can get contact info through the website) will supply a pdf of last years on request. I think the best way to get it is to call, but email might work.

Last edited:
I agree, Manchester is an excellent resupply point. I sent a mail drop there but could have very easily purchased all that I needed in town.

Have a GREAT hike!

Don't miss "Up for Breakfast" while in Manchester.
:D

Hello!

Thanks for your comments everybody! I will try the Visitor Center in Manchester Center.

We are sending some stuff more for ease-of-use than because we are affraid not to find anything. Like mixed nuts packages (with pre-calculated calories!) and small portions of peanut butter!