Parking for Equinox?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedxing

Reaction score
I'm heading to Vermont to hike Equinox and Mendon in a couple days and am wondering if it is OK at this time to park at the Burr and Burton lot at West Union, or if it is still best to park at the Equinox Hotel and Resort (or maybe somewhere else altogether is best?). I'll be meeting others - so it seems best to have planned to be parking at the same spot. Thanks!

My track from March 2008 shows us starting at the end of West Union Street, completely bypassing the school. From my memory there is a small parking lot there, might even be the official trailhead.

Google Earth is not much help ... too many trees :(

Thanks - sounds like looking for that small lot is a good idea - weekday at this time of year, with school out at Burr and Burtonwe would likely to find space.

I'm heading to Vermont to hike Equinox and Mendon in a couple days and am wondering if it is OK at this time to park at the Burr and Burton lot at West Union, or if it is still best to park at the Equinox Hotel and Resort (or maybe somewhere else altogether is best?). I'll be meeting others - so it seems best to have planned to be parking at the same spot. Thanks!

Just hiked it in October. You can park in back of the hotel or head up the road in back of the hotel where you will see the old water tower. Trailhead parking is there. Have fun!

Small lot on Union Street above Hotel and Burr & Burton school. Lot is on right hand side next to the Gourd home, just where the road starts to veer left into driveways after the long straightaway. Blue trail to the top. Enjoy.