Passaconaway via Dicey's Mill up and back 5/27/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carla

Reaction score
------------------

Date of Hike: 5/27/13

Trail Conditions: Trail in beautiful shape. No blowdowns or obstructions to speak of. Upper third of the trail had traces of the new snow from the weekend but only an inch or so of wet compactable snow. Likely all gone by yesterday (Tuesday). A few places had water running down the trail, but not enough to do more than get the boots a little wet.

Water crossing--only the one crossing of the major river there. There is a log across the river that some brave (and well-balanced) soul could maybe walk across, but there enough rocks to rock hop across, a few yards upriver to the right of the log.

Special Equipment Required: Poles--useful for the river crossing. Oddly, I didn't see a single bug, so I kept the Deet stored away.

Comments: When I came back to Ferncroft there were 30 cars in the lot/access road. Yet I saw only ONE person on my round trip. It surprised me that every other person did Whiteface? Nice surprise to have such solitude on a gorgeous Memorial Day.

--Carla

[email protected]