Peakbagging the Everglades Photojournal

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
78 degrees! My god man, good thing you wore your shirt.

:D

Congratulations... Is that also a county HP?

Jay

Cut some slack, rico

Geez, don't be so hard on him. looks like he wore his "zip out" pants. You know, whenever elevation and exertion are involved, one needs to have the ability to regulate body temperature properly :rolleyes:

I see a commercial.......

Plane ticket to Miami...................................$350
Rental car..................................................$75
Hiking clothing and gear...............................$200
Only having to climb 3 feet to the summit........Priceless

:cool: thanks for sharing :cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations!

You're lucky that thick brush behind you and rapid weather changes didn't have you turning back and missing your summit bid! And who approved that sign? Surely it's a non-comforming structure!

How long was the hike? What trail food did you equip yourself for such a journey? I sure hope you packed in the alligator canister...

Looking forward to the trip report. :)

ExploretheEast-

I will be ATTEMPTING Britton Hill (elev. 345 feet) on my next highpointing trip in October. I greatly value the experience you gained in your trip south and wonder if I could bounce a few questions off of you ...

1. SPF 15 or 30?

2. Do you recommend 87, 89 or 93 grade gas?

3. Did you experience any altitude sickness and if so, did getting to a lower elevation (ie below sea level) quickly help?

4. Are there any good websites on alligator safety?

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm obviously worried about the hazards.

Last edited:
snowshoe said:
I bet you got some Low altitude sickness on that one. I was in the Pine Barrens last week and my head started to hurt because of the low elevations. :eek:

The last I knew the highest hills in Florida were in landfills! No nosebleeds, but protect open wounds!

Fred

snowshoe said:
I bet you got some Low altitude sickness on that one. I was in the Pine Barrens last week and my head started to hurt because of the low elevations. :eek:
not to degrade this thread into a serious tangent, but are there some good tips on where to hike in the Pine Barrens? I head down that way every year when I visit my parents; have done a little hiking on short segments of the Batona Trail & in some of the state parks, but am always looking for new spots.