Pemi loop 9-21

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do andother pemi and today was the perfectday!8:15 start,ran out to Bondcliff trail in 45 minutes.Hiked up Bondcliff trail,greeted by amazing views all over.You could see forever today and it was warm in the alpine zone.Brief stop,then ran over to Bond until it got steep.Ran down Bond and mostly all the way to S Twin.Another stop here,too many views to worry about making time.Down to the hut quickly,watered up,ate and chatted with the lone crew member.Tried to make good time from the hut to Garfield,filled up at the spring and enjoyed more views on Garfield.Going quickly down Garfield and across towards Lafayette was a very hot and sweaty time.Finally got back to the alpine zone ad more views,what a day.Stopped on Lafayette and ate and when I started running down I realized I was getting tired.I could have really used some Stingers.Made my way across the ridge as fast as possible and felt a little more energy by the time I reached the Osseo.RT 10:05 I was hoping to be closer to 9 hours than 10 but the views got me first then the pemi loop got me next as I was a little slower from Lafayette to the car.Nontheless an awesome day and a great workout.Tremendous respect for the folks doing sub 8 hour loops.

Sounds like a beautiful day. Yes, <8 hr is an amazing feat (that I doubt I will ever do) but agreed that going for time carries the too-high price of missing the views. Hike up, run flat/down, stop for views sounds like my kind of day.

Nice trip!

Great to see you're spending your time doing what you love. Some would just mope around. I know, I've been there. Hang in there, at least the mountains will always be there for ya'!

KDT

maybe you would have been a few seconds faster if you went clockwise. ;)

nice job creep.

I donno - 10 hours is pretty damn quick. I did the sub 14 and was thinking I could maybe shave an hour - many 90 minutes off that had I ran more and stayed less at the hut...

But, I couldn't see myself doing anything under 12. So, 10 hours is pretty fckin good IMO. 7 hours like kevin, charles and farmer - thats really fckin fckin fckin good.:eek::):cool:

its all good, when you consider the book time is 20 hours.

nice job!