"Permits and Politics" - Zion and the Escalante, Sep 27 - Oct 7, 2013

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alavigne

Reaction score
Hi, All

A report documenting a recent (last month's) trip to southern Utah is available for viewing. It was another of the many I've done over the years in southern Utah, but this was the first time we were kicked out of a park! I therefore title this report "Permits and Politics". Fortunately, there's so much good stuff down there, we managed to keep ourselves fully occupied. Some highlights:

-Lady Mountain mountaineering scramble, Zion
-Phipps Arch loop, Escalante area
-Egypt 3 slot canyon, Escalante area
-Middle Boulder creek loop, Escalante area

http://alavigne.net/Outdoors/TripReports/2013/Utah/

Nice TR--thanks.

I've been in the area and have done some of the same trails and enjoyed the reminders as well as the parts that I haven't done.

BTW, the Escalante Petrified Forest State Park is also worth a visit (a few hours or so).

BTW2, the geology along the Burr Trail (a road) and the Notom Road is spectacular.

Doug

Nice report and great pictures! We were in Zion in May this year. It was our first time there, so we did the main park attractions - Observation point (without the side trip to the Hidden Canyon), Angels Landing, Emerald pools and the Narrows. We did it the "conventional" way using the official semi-paved trails (the chains on the way to Angels landing were more than enough for us).

Thanks for sharing! Watching the beautiful pictures makes me want to go back...