Photo of that "albino" deer I saw

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip said:
:D
None that I know of. Not saying it's not possible, but this herd is wild and roams a 2 or 3 square mile area adjacent to my neighborhoods herd.

Just posting a local anomoly, any explanation is welcome.

I'm surprised no one has asked about the "hand" in the lower right corner of the photo.
It's a work glove stuck on a fence post.
Don't look so hard for an answer when the obvious one makes perfect sense and staring you in the face Chip.

How many brown whitetail deer have you seen with black and white tails. That's a characteristic of fallow deer.

How often have you seen a whitetail deer frunning full tilt across a field with its tail down. That's a characteristic of fallow deer.

How many cream colored whitetail deer have you seen. That's a common color for fallow deer. I've seen photos of white whitetail deer but not cream or tan.

Walkswithblackflies:
That fence is about 4 feet high. that is all that is needed for domestic fallow deer.

If it looks like an orange, smells like an orange....taste it to make sure.

When the antlers start to grow I'm sure some of you will just claim the antlers are deformed, right? :D

One other note.

There are lots of fallow deer where I came from. ;) and I've seen a few whitetail deer.

While driving to Tahawus on Rt28 some yeares ago (over 20), we saw a "albino" deer north of Minerva.....We even took a picture, way before any image enhancing software (or even computers) existed. Although it wasn't pure white, more of a yellowish white, it was quite different to see! ;)

Sir Hikesalot said:
How many cream colored whitetail deer have you seen.
Just this one.

Sir Hikesalot said:
That fence is about 4 feet high. that is all that is needed for domestic fallow deer.
That 3 1/2' fence contains the dreaded pony. The deer are on the outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir Hikesalot said:
How many brown whitetail deer have you seen with black and white tails. That's a characteristic of fallow deer.

How often have you seen a whitetail deer frunning full tilt across a field with its tail down. That's a characteristic of fallow deer.

Uh oh Sir Hikesalot.....

Picture of WHITETAIL with dark colored tail

And as I mentioned above, its a common misconception deer ALWAYS run with their tails up. As a matter of fact there used to ba an old hunter addadge "If you see a white flag (the deers tail) its a doe. No Flag is a buck." Of course, Ive read a couple of studies (yes, its odd, but people do actually get paid to study wierd things like this) that show that bucks AAND does will run with tails both up AND down. Deer are just as individual as humans. One human might scream and pee his pants running away from something scary while another may just run period.

Sorry.

Brian

NewHampshire said:
Uh oh Sir Hikesalot.....

Picture of WHITETAIL with dark colored tail

And as I mentioned above, its a common misconception deer ALWAYS run with their tails up. As a matter of fact there used to ba an old hunter addadge "If you see a white flag (the deers tail) its a doe. No Flag is a buck." Of course, Ive read a couple of studies (yes, its odd, but people do actually get paid to study wierd things like this) that show that bucks AAND does will run with tails both up AND down. Deer are just as individual as humans. One human might scream and pee his pants running away from something scary while another may just run period.

Sorry.

Brian
So it's a slightly darker brown than the rest of the dark brown deer. You hunt one season and you're a deer expert. We've had this discussion before haven't we. ;)

Chip,
The deer in your picture all look like fallow deer, so:

A: They are fallow deer.

or

B: They are mutant deer from Mars and they're preparing to invade western Conn. :D

By the way, that's not really a pony, it just looks that way to you. It's actually an albino hornless rhinocerous which escaped from a secret lab in New Jersey. :D

Believe what you want.

NH_Mtn_Hiker said:
So it's a slightly darker brown than the rest of the dark brown deer. You hunt one season and you're a deer expert. We've had this discussion before haven't we. ;)

Chip,
The deer in your picture all look like fallow deer, so:

A: They are fallow deer.

or

B: They are mutant deer from Mars and they're preparing to invade western Conn. :D

By the way, that's not really a pony, it just looks that way to you. It's actually an albino hornless rhinocerous which escaped from a secret lab in New Jersey. :D

Believe what you want.

Tisk tisk NH_Mtn_Chipmunk, there YOU go assuming. My experince far surpasses ONE year, I do not CLAIM to be an expert....unlike you. I find it funny....everyone one is always wrong but you. :eek: Even when PRESENTED with photographic evidence, you still wish to claim YOU are correct....NOW whos being narrow minded? :rolleyes:

Your right.....believe what you want.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.