Photos Of Six Husbands / Sphinx Trail And King Ravine

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Subway is just plain fun. I'm claustrophobic in caves, but had no issues with the Subway. King Ravine is a wonderful place, and any of the three trails up to the headway are fantastic, though I prefer Chemin des Dames.

The Subway freaked me out! There were 4 areas that are definitely not "claustrophobe freindly". That first drop in was not an issue and I thought yah this really is overhyped. But there were two super tight crawls in the middle that I wanted nothing to do with. Looked like a tight crawl and I would have had to remove my pack for it. I opted for a hairy, up-and-over scramble on these. The last one was a hands and knees crawl that my gut was on the rocks and my backpack was scraping along the rock above me while I stuffed through it. I'm 6'3" and go about 235 lbs so I don't know if that made a difference or not but I wanted nothing to do with those two holes. Didn't even contemplate the Ice Caves after peering into the entrance.

You aren't nearly as claustrophobic as you think blanknblue! Trail was pretty damn fun though and all the hard work it is advertised to be.

I was on 6 Husbands 2 days ago. The last time I was there was 3 or 4 years ago and I remember a tricky, exposed part. However, 2 days ago, there was a 5th ladder and I didn't notice any tricky parts, so I guess the new ladder takes care of that part.

I was on 6 Husbands 2 days ago. The last time I was there was 3 or 4 years ago and I remember a tricky, exposed part. However, 2 days ago, there was a 5th ladder and I didn't notice any tricky parts, so I guess the new ladder takes care of that part.

Thanks for confirming.