Please consider helping the Cohos Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miehoff

Reaction score
Being involved with The Cohos Trail, I wanted to let the VFTT community know that the trail is seeking help.

Sent to me from the Cohos Trail Association:

I was wondering if you folks might also be able to spread the word of a fundraiser for the Cohos Trail in regards to continuing to add lean-tos and latrines to the Cohos Trail. Our goal is to have about 7 lean-tos, with composting-latrines to accompany these structures. For more information please visit this link (please share this link with any and all friends): http://www.indiegogo.com/cohostrail.

If you are on facebook, please feel free to visit "Friends of the Cohos Trail" and join.

I hope this message is in agreement with the VFTT rules. The Cohos Trail and it's efforts exist for everyone's enjoyment.

Thanks.

I thru hiked the Cohos in 09 and it is a nice trail. Very isolated up north even though it followed RT 3 at the time. It would be great to see the trail come to full completion.

I thru hiked the Cohos in 09 and it is a nice trail. Very isolated up north even though it followed RT 3 at the time. It would be great to see the trail come to full completion.

It is complete. Was finished in 2012.
Lots of changes for the better since 09, shelters, road bypass trails, better signage and blazing.

I plan on doing it this year. There is talk that a new book and maps are on their way.

Thanks for posting miehoff. The Cohos Trail Association is the little trail association that could. Any support goes along way and is much appreciated.

Tomcat - I also hiked the Cohos Trail in 2009 ( http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=9340 ) - it was already a great trail, but used a lot of snowmobile trails with no modifications for water run off and that was tough given the persistent rain I faced. I finished the trail, going North to South, but bailed on plans to head for Vermont after finishing. I'm looking forward to hiking the completed trail.