Porter Mountain, Cascade Mountain, Adirondack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
Saturday december 15 2012:

Annie and I, have start with our boots only. And one-third of the climb, to about 3000 feet, we put our Hillsound Trail Crampons. It is quite icy with the water flowing in the path and freeze it after. We arrive at the jonction of Cascade and Porter, and after being in the company of three people during the climb, they decided to continue to Cascade. We going to Porter first for our first destination. We follow the rule my friend Alain, aka Pinpin, who always told me to always do the farthest summit first. The trail to Porter have more ice than we just did. Finally we reached Porter without difficulty. Beautiful view what we have here. I much prefer the view on Porter then the one we have on Cascade. And today there is no wind and the sky is blue. We left after a short pause, to Cascade. We reach Cascade and again great views and no wind. And what is special here only 3 other people besides us. And after some time, they decided to leave and we have the summit of us. No noise, no wind and no one other than us. It is the first time this happen on Cascade. We return to the car after spending some time alone.
The day that we had, was what we can call an ideal and unique.

LINK TO MY PHOTOS OF PORTER-CASCADE

IMG_5028_29_30C.jpg

IMG_5052C.jpg

IMG_5075C.jpg

IMG_5068C.jpg