Presi Traverse Hikers Missing - FOUND

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CaptCaper said:
I like the way they say expierenced..Ha...I doubt their expierenced and equipped to do these mountains in the winter..

As your seeing here the weather is unstable,mean, and down right nasty.
Very few can do this and be certain they'll come out on top. I mean few. Most others take a chance and play the game.

I live here and see flurries,squalls,winds all the time that come in and they don't call it at WMUR,etc.

These guys aren't the first and won't be the last.. Weekend warriors playing Russian Rullet.

It's like the gal at Pinkham Notch told me years ago " It's not just one thing that kills them it's a total of different things that have a snowball effect"..

You all know here what I mean....We've all tasted these situations building, coming in at us up there. We've just been lucky not to have it build enought to take us out..

Another old timer told me " I don't care what ya say. If you go up there enough times it'll get you." :)

Something for "Expierenced Hikers to comptenplate"
Now that they've been found, I have to say this is one of the most self aggrandizing, least sensitive and brutish posts I've ever read. I hope you never go missing and have a family member read a post like this about you, but I doubt you actually get out that much.

CaptCaper said:
Another old timer told me " I don't care what ya say. If you go up there enough times it'll get you."
Probably the same old timer that told you "We're gonna need a bigger boat..."

Since they've been found, I'm going to close this thread. If you have more to say on this topic, there are plenty of other threads on safety going on.

-dave-

Status
Not open for further replies.