Presi Traverse

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter

Reaction score
A group of us did a traverse of the Presis on Saturday going north to south. We started up Valley Way at 4:30 AM and made it to the Madison summit around 6:30 AM. The weather was clear with a light breeze.

The views from Madison, Adams, and Jefferson, and Clay were great. As we headed up Washington the clouds moved in periodically blocking our views. We stopped by the summit to meet one of the groups wives and son who had hiked up for the day. Said a quick hello,grabbed some drinks and headed down to the Lakes a little after 11 AM.

The Crawford trail was packed with people coming up to the summit of Washington, but by the time we hit Monroe, the crowds had dissipated. The views and trail conditions were good, though the lower end of the Crawford after Pierce was a bit wet in spots.

We came off the trail mid-afternoon (3 PM?). It took us about 10 1/2 hours, which being the "old guy" of the group was about the best I could do. I think the next time I do this, I will try it earlier in the summer. All in all, the weather was great, we completed in good time, and everyone came off the trail healthy and in good spirits.