Presidential Range Question(s)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sapblatt said:
Of course, I am nuts and I am going to try to do the entire thing in one day with no overnight. :eek:

When are you planning on doing that? I've wanted to do something like that. But it's pretty tough to spot two cars all by myself. :D

hey look 100 posts.

ITs almost as easy imo to do the Presi in one day verses two. Previous posters are correct north to south is the way go and thats puts the best camps way early in the 1st day, go light and fast and bag it in a day, if I was forced to make it 2 days, id start at mad , camp down the Jewell, theres a great site below treeline that would be perfect.

Hi Steve Hiker -

congratulations...you are a senior member!

I plan on doing the Presi thing sometime around the first day of summer (Saturday the 18th of June)...but, I am thinking of being open to doing anytime before the 18th depending on the weather.
I would be very interested in hooking up with you and/or others for a car spot and I want to start real early and do not really want to start up the Valley Way alone in the dark.
PM me if you are interested and we can try to get this done!

We are also planning N-S and S-N one-day Presi traverses for "out-of-towners," probably on the Friday preceding the High Pointers 2005 Convention at Purity Spring Resort over Labor Day weekend.

Unless you're hell bent on camping, save yourself the load and do it in one day. It's not that bad if you get good weather. We had one botched attempt last June (summitted Maddy in the fog, on the way to Thunderstorm Junction we turned back due to high wind and sleet) than did our second attempt the week after July 4th. We had a cloudless/windless day, so much so that the bugs were bad on top of Adams! Anyway, it's really not bad at all just a long day, plus as a day hike you can save yourself a lot of weight and there are plenty of bail out points along the way should you run into trouble (auto road, ammo ravine etc...). Plus it's much cooler to say you did it one day (I know that shouldn't count for anything...but it is cool!)

-ct