PROBLEMS!! at BeyondClothing.com

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardsale

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered a new jacket from these folks back in mid December with an expected ship date of 6 weeks out. Here it is mid Feb. and no jacket, no response to multple E-mails and telephone calls asking for status reports. Charged credit card the full amount in early February., Bought pants from them two years ago without problems. Anyone else having similar issues with this company?

I noticed the home page says this now:

Production Status: Shipping custom clothing in 9 weeks. We are working hard to reduce this timeline. Thank you for your patience

Saw that. I assume that is for orders being currently taken, or perhaps not. A response for a multple order customer would still seem to be in order. Thanks for your response.

Calling your credit card company to complain is an option. They'll send you a form to fill out and will refuse to pay the vendor until the issue is resolved. Not that you necessarily want your money back - I'm sure you just want your items. But sometimes this can be a way to get their attention.

My boyfriend had a super long wait getting his jacket. It took around 10 weeks when they predicted 7 weeks. He called them and emailed them many times. Apparently they are super busy right now. He was very happy with his jacket, but the wait took forever. Keep being a pest and you will get your jacket. He just got his back last month! Good luck!

Ordered pants Dec. 7 with 6 week waiting time, CC charged on Jan. 5, and still waiting for my pants. They acknowledge they are swamped, but the lack of response to emails is not a good way to do business... even a form email would feel better than being ignored. Plus we're moving into the pain and suffering realm now...I don't know how much longer I can stand the humiliation of fellow hikers making fun of my current shredded pants...

Jacket has arrived!

Got it Thursday as promised. It is well made, has all the features ZI requested, and fits perfectly! If you can stand the wait and non commutative nature of beyond clothing as they struggle with too much business, the clothing is great. Would I order again? Yes.

Never followed up on this thread. Finally received my pants. They were a bit of a disaster. Was quite specific about measurements, but seems they can only make pants for hips that go out sideways - no JLo cut pants for them. Were some quality issues too. Showed them pictures of the pants, which made everyone I know laugh, and they refunded my money when I returned the pants. Too bad - no one else uses that fabric. I think their jackets are great, and if you have a straight up and down shape, the pants could be great as well. But ladies, if you are gifted in the caboose (many hikers are), and often have to deal with that gap at the small of the back, go with Marmot or Mammut ladies cut - they do it right (and have short inseam versions for those of us not so gifted in leg length).

Hmmm...Never heard of this company...Might as well check 'em out..Like I need another place to spend$$$$;)