Question Re: parking in VT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBKDalton

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can leave a car overnight in the parking lot at the Lake Mansfield Trout Club (access to the Lake Mansfield Trail, Nebraska Notch, and Taylor Lodge)? It seems like I hear about people just camping at Taylor lodge all the time, but the GMC guide says the lot is for day use. Does that just mean its gated at night?

There are 2 lots, one right by the trout club for day use, and a second about a half mile or so down the road for over night use. There are signs for each lot from what I recall from earlier this summer. I took a quick peak on google maps satellite and you can see the overnight lot (clearing just off of Old County Road). The day lot is right next to the trout club.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can leave a car overnight in the parking lot at the Lake Mansfield Trout Club (access to the Lake Mansfield Trail, Nebraska Notch, and Taylor Lodge)? It seems like I hear about people just camping at Taylor lodge all the time, but the GMC guide says the lot is for day use. Does that just mean its gated at night?

There are two lots at the trout club: The upper lot (as you drive in it's on the right) is public and you can park there overnight. The lower lot (in front of you and to the left as you enter) is for the trout club only. Lake Mansfield Trout Club is private and they will tow if you park in their lot.

Park at the lot on County Road, like Jrbren says.

You can also park overnight on the Underhill side, at the end of Stevensville Road.