Question Regarding Foster Field Group Campsite at Baxter, any recent visitors

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be up at Foster Field in couple of weeks. I remember they were rebuilding and partially relocating it last year. Could someone that has been there recently confirm that they finished the new "pavilions" that they had started? I had a group site at Bull Brook last year and was quite impressed by the design of the cooking pavilions. The pavillions at Bull Brook made bringing a tarp superfluous as it had two picnic tables and a charcoal grille under cover with plenty of room. I didnt take great notice last year while driving by Foster field but there was at least one of them that looked similiar. If anyone has been there recently, I would appreciate any info.

The road has been rerouted so it doesn't go through the middle of the field anymore.
And there are two cooking pavilions...enjoy!

They haven't put in the charcoal grills as of yet. We just stayed there for a week and had a great time. You can also walk across the road and sit in the river if it gets too hot.

Two nice new vault privies, two cooking pavilions with 4 picnic tables each (one is broken), two fire rings, plenty of tent space.

Stay well clear of the revegetation areas!

What the others said. Great spot and excellent facilities. Ending the day in Nesowadnehunk Stream is awesome! Give Ranger Betsy our best.