RI "High Point"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update. Jerimoth hasn't been that much of a problem for several years now. The people that bought the access land after Mr. Richardson's (?) death were pretty accomodating to highpointers and allowed daily access. Good to see that access will never be an issue again between the two land deals ... the original access land purchase and now the purchase of the actual HP by the State of RI.

Sounds like moving all the eqip necsr for a sustained 5-13 will be more manageable now.

Kudos to the Mosleys, who bought that house in front several years ago and welcomed high pointers. I'm sure their good will (and maybe some phone calls to the right people) helped to precipitate this sale of the actual high point from Brown Univ. to the state.

Kudos to the Mosleys, who bought that house in front several years ago and welcomed high pointers. I'm sure their good will (and maybe some phone calls to the right people) helped to precipitate this sale of the actual high point from Brown Univ. to the state.
I guess this means they are no longer using the 'summit' as an astronomical observing site? :(

I guess this means they are no longer using the 'summit' as an astronomical observing site? :(

That may have been the intent when they got the property, but did they ever do it?

There's a couple of old buildings in disrepair there & the metal pole mentioned above. Looks like they could have even done sleep overs before.

It's a nice side when I drive through the area, went twice this year, both as a part of two states, two "hikes" with the kids.