rondnee ski rentals ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd9truck

Reaction score
I would like to demo bindings and skis,or ofcourse rent this setup before I buy dose anybody know of a shop that rents or lets you demo rondnee setups (I have Koflach degree 04 boots) I live on long Iland, so somewere inbetween lake placid and N.Y.C in a perfect world would be great thanks in advance!

I know IME in North Conway (NH) has rented AT gear in the past.

A little out of your way going to Lake Placid, but that is the best I know of. Maybe you should test them in the Whites? :)

Doug

the mountaineer in keene rents AT/randonnee and tele setups and skins. if you're going march 5th weekend you may have a tough time getting rentals since that is their skifest weekend. give the website a look for the number and give them a call. i've always found them to be professional and helpful.

mountaineer.com

thanks kurcam you are corect sir, they do infact rent that stuff now (I am looking to rent a 4 season tent) and I will be going up on the 8th of march. ty kd

kd,

no problem. they have a pretty decent selection of AT (alpine touring) setups there. they rent boots as well, mostly scarpa lasers which will give you much better control over your skis than the koflachs. they are quite a bit heavier/beefier if you are just looking to tour the trails they'll probably be overkill. if you are simply looking to tour the trails, i'd look into a backcountry setup instead of AT. if you are looking to ski down trails or slides in the area, i'd go AT. let the folks at mountaineer know what activity you are looking to do, and they'll set you up accordingly.

as to 4 season tents, where are you going? if you are going to be in the high peaks, there are many lean-tos so you really don't need a tent, just a good sleeping bag rated about 10 degrees colder than forecasted low temps (to be on the safe side) and maybe a bivy sac for weather.

high peaks cyclery in LP and mountaineer in keene may rent 4 season tents.