Saturday Hike from Crawford Notch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvios lincoln

Reaction score
Hi,

I have checked out several links on VFTT to understand the status of trails and roads. Please excuse this question if it's obvious. I have not any Whites hike this year as I have been hiking in Maine.

I am hoping to head up to Crawford Notch Friday night (AMC HC) and hike the southern pres on Saturday. I probably stage my car at the Ammo Trailhead on Saturday morning and mountain bike back to the Highland Center for breakfast before starting my hike.

Are there any problem with that dirt road that leaves 302 near the Highland Center as far as the Ammo trail head?

Is there any problem getting from 93 to Crawford Notch via 3 & 302?

Thanks. I did check around the status links that others had posted, I just don't want to take it for granted. Seems like it's been a rough month or so up here.

Are there any problem with that dirt road that leaves 302 near the Highland Center as far as the Ammo trail head?

I can also confirm, first hand from a trip several days ago, no problems.

No, a friend and I drove to the dry river campground at Crawford Notch state park via Rt 302 from I-91 and I-93 and back to Lincoln via Rt 302 and Rt 3 so you should have no problems unless it keeps on raining.. :(

Jay