Scott Cockrell died in December

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hiked with Scott but once when a bunch of us climbed Croyden, completing the New Hampshire County High Points list... small potatoes, indeed, compared to his finishing the 50 states high points list (only the 80th to do so), which he didn't even mention that day. Both in our 60s, we chatted about our aches and pains as we hiked that day. From him I learned the foot pain I was experiencing was Morton's Neuroma, an affliction he suffered as well. Thanks to him, I bought boots with wider toe boxes and my problem went away.
A true gentleman - I'm glad I got to know him, albeit briefly.

There's a joke in our house that goes something like - if I die non of my hiking buddies would show up at my funeral... As a general thought, I think my wife should at least send a text message everyone on my phone contact list! :cool:

As for Scott - reading through the obit link (thanks Roy) - I can only believe that he is much the same as so many of those who post on VFTT - a strong upstanding citizen, family man, dedicated outdoor enthusiast and friend to many along his life's path! You gotta believe that he didn't miss much along the way, lived his life fully and sought to give back in return. A proud model for us be associated with.

RIP, Scott and peace to those in his life.

Scott was a good man and a gentle soul. He very much enjoyed caretaking Cascade Link on Monadnock (he liked tacking on those nifty reflective blazes to trees).

A few years ago I had an obsessive fascination with Mt. Caubvik (Quebec) and mentioned this to Scott. I was amazed when he informed me that he had been there once as part of a search & recovery mission. http://alavigne.net/Outdoors/TripReports/Torngats2004/index.jsp?navpage=tripreport

Great knowing you my friend.