Shuttle service for Sugarloaf/Saddleback in Maine?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoomboy

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know if someone in the Sugarloaf/Saddleback area (Carrabassett, Kingfield, etc.) runs a shuttle service between the two mountains? We are trying to avoid spotting a car at Sugarloaf for a big hike we are planning for next weekend.

Thanks!

Matt

No, they don't. During the ski season, the Loaf has a shuttle service that goes around its ski area and down to Carrabassett Valley, but nothing during the summer and definetly nothing to Saddleback during any season.

If you're still looking for a shuttler, you may want to check out the ATC's shuttle list for that area (located at http://www.appalachiantrail.org -- I think there's a link on there that says shuttle providers.) I think there are a couple of people listed for Maine.

I might have a few others listed at home (I'm at work right now) and will post if they cover that area and are not the ATC list when I get home tonight.

- Ivy

Edited to add: They've revamped their website since I last looked and made the list a little harder to find. Here's a direct link: http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.jkLXJ8MQKtH/b.806835/k.10F4/Getting_to_the_Trail.htm

Last edited:
Gull Pond Lodge

Bob O'Brien at Gull Pond Lodge offers shuttles in that area. The lodge is really just his house, which is right on a lake. He prefers to shuttle only people staying at his house, but if he is not too busy, he will shuttle other people as well. You can call him at (207) 864-5563.

There is another place in town, The Farmhouse Inn, but I don't know if they do shuttles or not. (207) 864-5805

Both is these places are located in Rangeley.

Reactions: yam
On this board you said next weekend, (I responded to your thread on AMC and you ignored me) so I guess I can't be of direct help. However, last year when I was scouting out my trip I was inquiring locally about shuttling service and the owner of Deer Fram Campground in Kingfield said he could help out with transportation to trailheads in the area including logging roads. Call Arthur LeCompte 207 265-4599 or [email protected] . Maybe if you speak to them in advance they can help. Tell them the gentleman who is renting a cabin for a week (8/19-8/26), Aaron Schoenberg, mentioned him for assisting with car shuttling. If you use or contact him let me know how it goes, was he of any help, what he charges and whether you actually used his services.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for the helpful responses -- I'm sorry I didn't respond (got sidetracked, forgot that I posted, you know how it goes). One of my partners in crime actually knew someone in Rangeley that drove my Jeep over to Sugarloaf for us

We did the trip this past weekend. Working on the writeup and will post when it's done.

Thanks again,

Matt