sorel liners

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikerfast

Reaction score
i have a pair of sorels from 1988, the liners are getting shot in the back. does anyone know a place that carries generic felt liners(should be good enough i would think?) they were -85 boots at the time, sorel doesnt make them anymore but i was hoping i could find some liners somewhere that would fit, and be half inch thick like these ones are

There is a store in Greenfield MA called BOOTLEGGERS. 413-772-1941
Last winter I desperately needed Sorel Liners for my Bear Boots because the expedition that I was going on required them. The boots were brand new but I could not find liners. It took me two weeks and countless phone calls to find this place but they were GREAT!!!!
They had Sorel liners stored somewhere and they obtained two pair for me that fit my boots perfectly. (minus 40) They might have some for minus 85.
I bet they would be willing to mail them out to you.
Another place is SAM's in Brattelboro VT. They did have liners that fit the Sorels but I did not like the feel of them in my boot. I have very bad feet.I think people with decent feet would not have noticed. They were also a bit difficult to get in and out but they did fit the boot.
I would try BOOTLEGGERS first.
If they blow you off get to someone who knows what they are talking about because they did get these from a storage house, not on the premises.
Good luck.
Maddy

I bought Sorel liners at Farm-Way, an outfitter in Bradford, VT. Local number is (802) 222-9316 and toll-free number is (800) 222-9316. If none of the other suggestions pan out for you, you could give them a call.

Farm-Way

Dan & Whit's, Norwich, VT, just off 91 across the river from Hanover. Also, the Piragis Boundary Waters catalogue (piragis.com) sells fleece liners that are, I'm told by someone I trust, better than the standard pressed felt ones.
Cheers,
Mark

side note - advice on increasing life of liners

I have taken new and not too old liners and sewn on a small wear resistance patch on the heel and greatly extended their life. At first I was using small pieces of scrap nylon. I found that smoother was better, but none were very good. Meaning the nylon would show wear after 400 or 500 miles. Then I switched to plastic. I used a thin piece of teflon (that I was able to get from work) and it is awesome. No wear at all. I think that it would be possible to get the same performance from other plastics. One possibility is a curved piece from a milk bottle (Don't laugh) And, of course, all of the sewing was done with dental floss, waxed. I was careful not to pull the stitches too tight and collapse the felt.

liners

Kittery Trading Post.... also most any of the sports stores that have hunting / fishing supplies. Same with any of the surplus Army /Navy stores.