summit of Plateau?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnbound

Reaction score
can anyone confirm where the summit of Plateau is? I went out and back yesterday from Mink Hollow before heading over Sugarloaf. The signs at the various trail junctions gave differing distances to the summit. I hiked as far as the new trail junction for the Long Path before turning around and did not see any cairns or other telltales signs that I was at the summit. Did I make it?

Thanks-

Plateau is almost dead level across the entire "summit." The LP trail junction is about half-way across. My topo puts the highest point (perhaps 30 feet higher than the rest of the plateau) in the first third traveling from the Mink Hollow side. So I'd say you crossed the high point.

From Mink hollow the trail reaches a view point at about 3700’ then heads south-west up and over the ridge line of Plateau for about 0.2 mi. to a hard right turn. Based on topo maps, GPS and altimeter readings and visual observation the high point on the section of trail between the view point and the turn is the summit of Plateau, so you would have reached the summit.