Sunday 3/5 - Colvin/Blake or Gothics/Armstrong

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
We're going to read the boards, show up at the Gate at 6:00 AM, read the trail register, and then decide which group of peaks to hike.

As for routes:

I'd like to try to use the lake to avoid climbing Colvin twice. Any thoughts on this? My guess is that using the trail to get to the lake after coming down off of Blake is more straightforward. I assume the lake is safe right now. And I *WILL* take a picture of that sign if it's still there (the one that talks about using the lake)!

For Gothics/Armstrong, we'd go up the trail between them, climb each in turn, and them head back down the same way.

If anyone wants to join us, let me know!

Any beta is also appreciated.

If all things are equal, we'll choose Colvin/Blake.

Ski the Ausable Road?

Has anyone tried to ski the Ausable Club Road lately? Looking for current conditions. We are planning on a ski in Sunday 3/5 for a hike of Colvin and Blake or Nippletop and Dial. Any current info would be appreciated.

Tom we may see you there - We should be at the parking lot around 6:00am - We hope to ski in for this hike - I hope conditions are a little better than last weekend on the Santa Trip.

Thanks - Steve :)

PP Issue

Tom,

My only concern is for the ramifications for others as a result of the public's interpretation of a private property issue that has been thoroughly discussed in previous threads. Regardless of the general public's opinion, (the only one that truly matters is the AMR's -- those that remember the Lake Road bus understand this), the posting of the route might have been better left unsaid on such a widely read forum. The “don’t ask, don’t tell” strategy of the past could end up to be a thing of the past with a large group crossing that very debatable line.

What Pete said. A year or two ago, someone called the AMR for an opinion on something that had been winked-at by them for years. If I recall, the signs went up a week later.
Rapid and widespread communication thru the boards can magnify a situation that hadn't been a problem in the past.