Tecumser via Dickey, 4/11/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrisjrf

Reaction score
We got to the top of Dickey at about 11:30AM. The weather was good. There were no leaves on the trees. Tecumseh looked so close. We headed that way.

Lots of open ledge if you stayed up high. Lots of open woods down low. Even some old logging roads to screw around on, when the woods weren't doin' it for us. The water was running pretty well all over the mountains, and we were treated to a sweet waterfall at one of the drainages off Hazelton Brook.

Due to various reports of monsters in the woods at night, we had to move fast at the end, so we didn't get caught after dark. Luckily, we'd acclimatized well the night before, so we were in good shape for it. I was particularly worried about GPS WAAS satellite number 48 not responding to my commands, but my fears proved to be unfounded. We ran into a dozen 13 year olds training for K2, and they all laughed at us as I tried unsuccessfully to strain water into my Platypus using my socks. We may or may not have worn crampons and/or tents all day.

rr7-tecumseh.jpg
rr1-tecumseh.jpg

rr2-tecumseh.jpg
rr3-tecumseh.jpg

rr6-tecumseh.jpg
rr0-tecumseh.jpg

nice one!

Sounds like this was a fun day out. However, I'm thinking that the mysterious man in black there didn't get the memo about what to wear for a bushwhack. Everyone knows real whackers wear wool trousers...

835658510_wSkMd-S.jpg

Miss you guys!

Rebecca

i probably would have worn a helmet for this hike. seems dangerous. it's a good thing i bought hiker insurance for you for your birthday last year.

I've been wanting to do this hike for a few years. Was it as straight foreward as it seems?

Doubt it happened. You must have superimposed me on those ledges I would never dress for a bushwhack like that.

I've been wanting to do this hike for a few years. Was it as straight foreward as it seems?

We didn't hike the ridge over Green...so if you're looking to do it that way, I can't really comment. We kinda went over Hogback, followed that ridge towards Green for a while, and then dropped down towards Hazelton Brook...and then just sorta followed that up to the trail. In terms of navigation, not exactly straight-forward, but definitely a fun route.