Thanks for all the advice...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am writing to say thank you for the advice given to me when I wrote in asking for input on an over night trip to Mt. Marcy.
My wife and I had a great time. It was actually our honeymoon! And although it was tougher than I had thought it would be, we did very well.
We ended up hiking to Feldspar lean-to on the first day. We hiked up Marcy in the morning with no packs and back to the Loj in that same day, which was alot for us. The hardest part of our trip was the leg up to lake Arnold. We had great weather and didn't come across any bears. I am looking forward to the next trip already.
I attached a picture of us on the summitt, we were lucky to have someone else up there to take this picture.
Thanks again....Rookie.

Very cool, a hiking honeymoon!

Congratulations! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Having never been to Marcy, I couldn't have helped you much, but welcome to Views!

Congrats!

Waaaaaaaaaay cool. A hiking honeymoon!

Only way it could have been better is if it had been a wedding on top of a mountain!!!!

Congrats to you both and may this not only be the start of a beautiful life but also a beautiful beginning to your hiking adventures together. :D

Well, there are 46 peaks in the list, if you do one on each anniversary, you must be happily married.. :) Congratulations!

Jay

Rookie:

Congrats!

That slog up to Lake Arnold is a grind....

Did you tent camp at Feldspar? If you did how/where were the tent sites?

Hikerdad: the tent sites are across the brook near the spur/footbridge and looked to be pretty decent when we were there a year ago. There appeared to be 3-4 good spots for a good sized backpacking tent. The pads were hardened, and flat. One looked to be in a damper spot than others, so choose wisely.

mcorsar said:
Now that you've honeymooned on Marcy, you can select various other peaks for anniversaries.
Jay H said:
Well, there are 46 peaks in the list, if you do one on each anniversary, you must be happily married..
Jay, don't be short sighted--how about 115 peaks=115 anniversaries? :D :D

Well done! A hiking honeymoon is an incredibly romantic idea and I'm glad everything turned out well - a good start is essential. :)

Shewolf said:
Only way it could have been better is if it had been a wedding on top of a mountain!!!!

We met a couple on the way down from a firetower this summer, and they said they were going to be wed at the summit in a few weeks!

I think I remember someone getting married on Wright a few years ago... ??

Tom,

My wife and I were married on Wright Peak 4 years ago. We hike up Wright
every year on the anniversary and have a little party.

HarryK joins us and we have a hell of a time.

I highly recomend getting married on a mountain top.

Mike G.

Mike Gilhooly said:
Tom, My wife and I were married on Wright Peak 4 years ago. We hike up Wrightevery year on the anniversary and have a little party.

HarryK joins us and we have a hell of a time.

I highly recomend getting married on a mountain top.

Yes, it was you! I had forgotten the name. And it was Harry(ahem)K who told me this. :D

Who knows, I just might do this someday! :D

Not that it equates to marraige....... but

My son plans on receiving his Eagle Scout Badge on top of one of the 46 within the next year or so. All he needs is another eagle to present it to him...... his daddy never got his :eek:

mavs00 said:
My son plans on receiving his Eagle Scout Badge on top of one of the 46 within the next year or so. All he needs is another eagle to present it to him...... his daddy never got his :eek:

Wouldn't it be appropriate to get your Eagle Scout Badge after climbing the Eagle Slide? I think Neil would agree. :cool:

-Shayne

Hikerdad said:
Rookie:

Congrats!

That slog up to Lake Arnold is a grind....

Did you tent camp at Feldspar? If you did how/where were the tent sites?
We tented it. It was actually busy there. The lean-to had two groups and the campsites were almost full. The campsites are pretty close together. I saw a total of 4 campsites there, 2 close to the lean-to, by the toilet and 2 on the other side of the brook.